Our services are accessible from anywhere in the world and include:
– Online legal consultation via email or phone call;
– Counseling before and after the divorce (on minor children, regulation of parental responsibility, – alimony, family home, property sharing, etc.);
– Drafting of contracts and agreements and preparation and delivery of all necessary documentation;
– Representation of our clients for registries (civil, land, commercial), courts and the Portuguese fiscal authorities;
– Transcription in the civil registry of divorces decreed in foreign countries.
In the event that your divorce has already been decreed in a foreign country, it will now have to be transcribed to the Portuguese civil registry, and only then, will it take effect in Portugal. In this case, the service to be requested should be Recognition of Foreign Divorce.
Our online divorce service requires the spouses’ agreement (divorce by mutual consent) and can be requested online on our website.
Along with the divorce, issues related to custody and parental responsibilities (regulation of parental responsibility) are regulated with respect to minor children, if any, the assignment of the family home and the possible fixation of alimony to the spouse who needs them. The divorce may also be combined with the sharing of the couple’s common assets.
In this context, the services available to our customers are two:
In cases where the spouses have already agreed on all matters, the Simple Online Divorce service should be contracted, which covers the following services:
– Permanent monitoring of the client (s), via email, phone call or whatsapp, until the divorce decree;
– Preparation of the divorce petition;
– Elaboration of the agreements related to (i) custody and parental responsibilities regarding the children, (ii) the destination of the family home and (iii) regarding the fixation of alimony to the spouse who needs them;
– Elaboration of any changes to the agreements mentioned above;
– Elaboration of the specified list of common goods;
– Formalization of the divorce request with the Civil Registry and delivery of the necessary documents and agreements;
– Representation of the spouses at the “conference of interested parties”, thus avoiding that they have to go themselves to the Civil Registry.
In cases where the spouses intend to share the common assets, our Online Divorce with Property Sharing service should be contracted, which covers the services mentioned above and also the following additional services:
– Permanent legal support through consultations via email, phone call or Whatsapp;
– Drafting of the agreement on the sharing of common goods;
– Promotion of the settlement and payment, on behalf of the client, of taxes related to sharing;
– Registration or updating of urban buildings with the Finance services.